Get to know me!

It just occurred to me that here I am writing about what I am doing with this book, but I never told the whole cyber world who I am!

I am wife, mother and first grade teacher who loves to read!! I love to spend time with my family. One of my favorite this to do is to sit back and watch my one year old read books to himself. Precious...

I have always wanted to write a book, just for children. But, I never really thought it would be something that I actually would do. This past October I decided it was time to start acting on my dreams. I was sitting in the nursery at our church one Sunday morning and I was reading Home Life magazine. Man, I love that magazine. So, I was sitting there thinking about how I wanted to write. I just did not know how to take ideas and get them published. (There was only one child in the nursery that day, and he was sleeping... just to clarify what I was doing!!) Just as I was saying that to myself, I turned the page, and it was as if God put right in front of me, where to go with my story idea.  There in the magazine was a full page ad to Crossbooks Publishing. When we got home from church that day, I looked them up on the internet and filled out the 'contact me' page.

And so there it began....


That was the beginning of a very long process. I had a few, well many, bumps along the road, but that is now old news :)

So, as I still wait on the word that the book is ready for my review on the layout, I am just so joyous that I have come this far! God is so faithful and good. I really would love to make money, of course, but I have to admit that the satisfaction that I am working on something like this, is so much greater. Crossbooks is SO wonderful to work with. I am already thinking as to what the next book is going to be about!

SOLID ROCK CHILDREN'S BOOKS